The Potter’s Village, formerly called Women’s Refuge And Child Survival Africa (WORCSA), since the year 2000 has been supported by many friends, family members, churches, individuals, Delta Airlines, organizations, corporate bodies and volunteers (local & foreign). We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all of them including all those who have plans to bring us help.
As we hold a vision of empowering vulnerable women psychologically, economically and also to help vulnerable children to become responsible adults and for them to have fulfillment in life.
To bring this to a reality, a lot of projects and programs are being put in place.
- Acquisition of Land
We are extremely grateful to the following persons who helped us to acquire some plots of land for our projects.
TEN (10) ACRE LAND AT ABURI (EASTERN PART OF GHANA)
- Bishop Dr. Daniel Obinim (founder /General Overseer of International God’s Way Church (Ghana)
- Curtis Buck (USA)
- Katie Wilde (volunteer)
- Katie Blunt (volunteer)
TWO (2) ACRE LAND AT DODOWA (GREATER ACCRA)
- & Mrs. Cedric Knight – Four (4) plots of land (1 acre) at Dodowa.
- & Mrs. Sam Shapiro – Four (4) plots of land (1 acre) at Dodowa.
- Land Preparation
The following have helped enormously with the preparation of the land to start our projects.
- Aburi Land – (Demarcation, cleaning, planting of crops and Labour)
||Jane Irina Adu
- Dodowa Land – (Access road from the main road to the site, clearing of land, construction of the Boys and Girls Dormitories and water well construction).
||Young adult fellowship- Ashaley Botwe (district church)
|Ms. Elizabeth Kyei
||Knowledge tree technology
||Y.P.G – Madina
|Bishop Daniel Obinim
||Pentecost church- Dodowa District
||SMILE FOR MOM
||Christian High school- Dodowa
|Mr. Kwabena Nyarko
||MEDAASE (Water well)
||The Potters family chapel
|Tiffany and Sam Shapiro
||VISION ONE FM
||Rev. Adafia & Team, A. Botwe